Evaluate Cardiac Procedures to Eliminate Overutilization
CardioAudit® is a customized MedScore solution that is used to systematically evaluate specific cardiovascular procedures to determine medical necessity in accordance with guidelines set forth by professional medical societies. It can help you verify compliance with Medicare National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and with medical necessity criteria outside of NCD language.
CardioAudit can help your facility:
- Verify compliance with CMS reimbursement criteria;
- Limit risk and financial exposure during RAC and MIC audits;
Reduce risk of False Claims Act liability; and
- Demonstrate commitment to upholding the integrity of care and patient safety.
CardioAudit can be flexibly performed at regular intervals for ongoing evaluations as well as for specific projects related to overutilization concerns. Common procedures include:
- Percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)
- Peripheral vascular interventions
- Carotid artery interventions
Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) and valve surgeries
- Electrophysiology procedures: ICDs, biventricular pacemakers, single and dual chamber pacemakers, radiofrequency ablations
Want to learn more? Download our white paper.